Homemade Christmas gift ideas on a budget still show love to friends and family this festive season. Here is a recipe idea and some packaging O-BUSTER tips to make sure they stay fresh and delicious!
Traditional Sugar Cookies
Sweet and simple Sugar cookies are moreish and once you start, they’re difficult to stop munching on!
2 and ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 and ½ cups of sugar
1 cup of softened unsalted butter
1 room temperature egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 Christmas themed cookie cutter (optional)
Mixing and Making:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C degrees Celsius.
- Using a bowl and stir the flour, baking soda and baking powder together and then set it to one side.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar into a smooth paste.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla essence and add to your sugar and butter paste. Slowly blend in the dry ingredients and mix well until completely combined.
- Grease a baking tray and then using a teaspoon, gather dough balls from the cookie dough and place it onto the tray. Alternatively, use your cookie cutter to cut Christmas-themed shapes for your new cookies.
- The cookies will change shape as they bake, so leave enough space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and then remove them from the oven. They will be slightly soft but will harden on cooling.
- Store in sealed packets, or containers with a lid, in the container, put in your O-BUSTER Oxygen Absorber to keep your cookies fresher for longer!
Note: For every measurement of food, a specific O-BUSTER is needed!
- O-BUSTER FT 100 = 100 grams per unit
- O-BUSTER FT 50 = 50 grams per unit
- O-BUSTER FT 30 = 30grams per unit
If you would like to know more about O-BUSTER Oxygen Absorber Food Preservers, make sure to visit Razorbill Goods’ website, www.razorbillgoods.co.za for more info and some great safe shopping!